Video | Platform as a Service (Paas) in Hospitality
Posted on Oct 25
Cloud Technology plays a crucial role in the hospitality industry by now. Supporting services of cloud computing are for example SaaS - Software as a Service; IaaS - Infrastructure as a Service, and PaaS - Platform as a Service. But, what is PaaS exactly, and what are opportunities and challenges for the hotel industry employing PaaS?
Watch this video and learn more about PaaS.
Richard Castle from Cloudbeds, and Stephen Burke from Sciant join André Baljeu in this video to share their expertise and knowledge, and answering questions such as:
- When to use PaaS as a hotelier/hotel company?
- What technology companies are offering PaaS today?
- Should hotels develop their own software solutions?
- Is PaaS going beyond open Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and having a marketplace of apps?
- Given the industry's challenges with existing data silos - is PaaS a potential solution to that and helpful in the process of democratising the use of data across all industry verticals?
- What are common services included in PaaS?
- When and why should hotel companies start using PaaS?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of PaaS?
Companies mentioned in the video
numa Hotels l Google l Salesforce l Microsoft l Oracle l DigitalOcean l Heroku l Slack l SAP
Richard Castle, Co-Founder, President and COO at Cloudbeds
Cloudbeds is a Founding Member at techtalk.travel.
Stephen Burke, Chief Commercial Officer at Sciant
Sciant is a Contributing Member at techtalk.travel.
Also, find these supporting content elements on Platform as a Service (Paas) in Hospitality
- PODCAST l PaaS in Hospitality with Richard Castle (Cloudbeds) and Stephen Burke (Sciant)
- ARTICLE l Platform as a Service (PaaS) and other cloud related services for hospitality by André Baljeu
- INFOGRAPHIC l Cloud Computing Services in Hospitality: PaaS, SaaS & IaaS
EXPLORE FURTHER. Related editorials
- Editorial l Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) & Integrations in the Hotel Industry
- Editorial l Automation in the Hotel Industry
- Editorial l The modern Hotel Technology Stack