Watch this video to hear more about Rethinking the Technology Vendor Selection Process for hoteliers and accommodation providers. The traditional vendor selection process is becoming less and less relevant. Many believe it is time to modernize the process and think outside the traditional Request For Proposal (RFP) process.
Jill Boegel from Shiji Group joins André Baljeu to share her expertise and insights on the topic.
- 00:00 - Introduction
- 03:20 - Do hoteliers need to do RFPs?
- 05:10 - What alternatives to the traditional RFPs are available?
- 08:12 - What are key elements to consider when procuring new technology?
- 12:20 - Other things to consider
13:46 - Keep an eye on the future
Jill Boegel, Vice President of Sales at Shiji Group, North America
Jill is an accomplished hotel industry professional with over thirty years of experience in hotel technology sales, hotel revenue management, and operations. In her current position, she is leading the expansion of the Shiji Group in North America. She is responsible for developing and executing growth strategies for the portfolio of solutions in the region. Before joining Shiji Group, Jill held leadership positions at Cendyn, TSA Solutions, TravelClick, and Hilton Hotels.
Jill has built a strong reputation as a leader, mentor, and coach of sales and revenue management professionals in the hotel industry throughout her career. She enjoys working closely with her customers to provide consultative and strategic recommendations for acquiring and optimizing hotel technologies that improve operational efficiencies, the guest experience, and revenue performance.
She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from the University of Maryland. She has been recognized with various awards for excellence in leadership, sales, and revenue management throughout her career.
Connect with Jill on Linkedin.
Shiji Group is a Founding Member at techtalk.travel
Also, make sure to find these supporting Editorial Elements on Rethinking the Technology Vendor Selection Process
- ARTICLE l Rethinking the Vendor Selection Process by Nigel Allport from For-Sight
- INFOGRAPHIC l Rethinking the Vendor Selection Process, co-created with For-Sight
- PODCAST l Is the traditional RFP process still relevant today? With Albert Maes (H-Hotels.com), Mark Fancourt (TRAVHOTECH), and Allan Nelson (ForSight)
EXPLORE FURTHER. Related Editorials:
- Editorial l Automation in Hospitality
- Editorial l The modern, scalable Hotel Tech Stack
- Editorial l PaaS, SaaS, and other Cloud-related Services
- Editorial l Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) in Hospitality
Create an account to access the content.
Get access to Articles, Video's, Podcasts, Think Tanks, Infographics and more.
Click “Sign In” to accept our